You do not need to make a huge change, in the way you do business, according to Sentient AI. Personalized merchandising can be as simple as letting your customer pick their own color schemes. Your customers can instantly add their name and color to an item, and that makes a world of difference.
“The little things in the world make such a big difference. Someone going out of their way to help me make the item my own, that shows me how much the retailer cares”.
Visit Sentient’s profile at Linkedin.
Eight Ways Personalized Merchandising and Customization Will Make A Difference In Your Customer’s Eyes
1) You get instant publicity. Anyone can do this, even the small retail chains. You need to make it simple to use and relevant. Once you achieve that, you will be a hit on social media outlets. Your publicity will pay for itself.
2) If you personalize your inventory, they will come. A recent study shows that customers are more than willing to pay an extra 25% for their customized goods.
3) You get free market research. All you need to do is pay attention to what your customers do and the story will write itself.
4) If your customer creates their own personalized item online or in-store, then they are less likely to return the item. They are more likely to come back and make another purchase. The customer is getting what they want. There is no need for them to return something they really do want. Your days of huge return lines will be coming to an end.
5) You are giving your customers a reason to buy. You are connecting to them in a personal way. Customized items make it more about the people and less about the bottom line.
6) Your personalized products are not going to interfere directly with another channel or chain. Nike is a great example. Nike came up with NikeID.com. They did not have any direct conflicts of interest regarding their other channel. They also provided their customer base with another option.
7) Millennials rule the roost. They want what they want when they want it. The more personalized you make it, the more sales you get.
8) If you say “yes” to their needs, they will not have a reason to go elsewhere.